Student Support Centre
The Student Support Centre works with students from across the year groups and aims to:
- Keep students in class so that they can reach their full potential.
- Help students who misbehave in class, by giving them one to one support and time to talk through strategies.
- Give students the opportunity to talk about their concerns, which will be heard.
- Determine and provide support for students with behavioural problems, the staff working with them and their peers.
- Support and help students who find their temper difficult to control.
- Give students the confidence to appropriately manage situations that could get them into trouble.
- Raise self esteem and self awareness.
- Enable students to learn to trust adults so that they can build relationships to facilitate their own change.
- Support an excluded student's reintegration back into lessons and share strategies to avoid future incidents.
- Coordinate further, appropriate support, including liaison and work with external agencies.
- Prevent students from becoming permanently excluded.
The Student Support Centre offers a quiet, calm working environment to encourage reflective, positive responses. We have separate rooms available to maintain confidentiality.
The Student Support Centre endeavours to ensure that placement within the centre is not punishment, but a positive strategy for change. Each student is treated as an individual with individual needs, whilst due care and attention is given to staff and the wider school population.
Our ethos is:
'To provide a safe, supportive environment which facilitates positive change'
The Student Support Centre is staffed by: