Completing your Application - Guidance for Applicants
The following notes are intended to assist you with the completion of your application form:
- Provide details of all previous employment, including that of a voluntary nature. The information should be provided in date order, starting with the most recent and working back.
- For your latest employer, you must indicate how much notice you are required to give in your current role.
- Make sure to include the employers name and address, your position, a brief summary of your responsibilities in the role and salary, start/finish dates and your reason for leaving.
- If there are gaps in your employment, please use the space provided to provide further details.
- Provide details of the educational establishments that you have attended and include details of any examinations taken, results obtained, scholarships and other distinctions awarded. Also include the awarding body and dates achieved.
- Please start with your most recent institution.
- **Please note that you will be expected to provide evidence of any qualifications that you have achieved.
- Provide details of any technical, professional and occupational training.
- Give details of relevant training, apprenticeships, articles, courses, correspondence courses or company courses.
- Please attach photocopies of documentary evidence of your training or qualifications.
Use this section to provide relevant information about yourself and how you meet both the essential and desirable criteria detailed in the job description and person specification for the role you are applying for.
Please explain how your skills, experience and knowledge would make you a suitable candidate for the post. This could include any voluntary work undertaken, leisure interests and other activities, which you consider could be relevant to the position you are applying for.
This part of the application form is critical within the shortlisting process, so please ensure you provide sufficient information in order to demonstrate your suitability for the role.
- Please provide details for two people who have agreed to give an employment reference on your behalf.
- Your first reference must be your present or most recent Headteacher/Chair of Governors if you are or have previously been from an educational setting, where you have worked with children.
- A suitable second reference would be a most current employer, business associate or leader of a voluntary organisation.
- Personal referees such as friends or family are not suitable.
- The College also reserves the right to approach any previous employer to confirm factual information about your previous employment record.
- **Please note that references may be sought prior to interview if you have been shortlisted.
We will seek to ensure that all existing and potential employees are given equal opportunities. We are committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in our employment policies and practices. We will seek to ensure that no applicant for employment is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be justified.
This section of information is confidential and does not form part of your application. The information won’t be taken into account when making any appointment.
The post you are applying for is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. You are required to reveal any information concerning spent or unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings.Please ensure that you read all statements in this section and tick and sign/date to indicate to confirm your agreement.